Spun Steel Camp Oven
Get bush cookin' the way Jase does and show them who’s CampBoss with your lightweight, spun-steel CampBoss camp oven.
Spun steel heats faster than cast iron. Needs less coals so works well with smaller fires. Food cooks faster so you’ll be getting into that tucker before the sun sets. It also cools down faster, so you can fry up your brekkie and still be packed up and on the road before noon.
Roast, bake, fry, or boil with this versatile cooking tool. Includes mesh trivet which aids air circulation and prevents food from burning on the bottom.
Pile the coals onto the lid for all-round heat. Lid can also be used as a fry pan.
Easy to maintain. Just give it a wipe and oil it before packing it away.
* We recommend seasoning your camp oven right away upon delivery.
SEASONING YOUR CAMPBOSS CAMP OVEN
Your CampBoss camp oven needs to be broken in or ‘seasoned’.
BEFORE FIRST USE – Wash the camp oven thoroughly with warm soapy water and then dry thoroughly with clean paper towel before starting the seasoning process.
1. Coat paper towel in cooking oil or cooking fat and wipe all the surfaces of the camp oven, lid and trivet
2. With a clean paper towel, wipe off excess cooking oil or cooking fat.
3. Place camp oven into BBQ with lid and close lid. If you don’t have a lid on your BBQ, just place BBQ on grill. A conventional oven or camp fire coals can be used as well (Jase says be careful doing it in the oven as the smoke detectors may go off!)
4. Heat until camp oven is nice and hot, just starting to smoke.
5. Remove from the heat and before it cools completely, wipe off all excess oil on the inside of the camp oven with clean paper towels.
AFTER EVERY USE
1. Clean with warm soapy water using mild detergent
2. Dry thoroughly with paper towel and lightly coat with cooking oil or fat before storing in bag